Sunday, June 21, 2009

New G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra trailer released...

Check out the latest theatrical trailer for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra right here...

It's a busy time for Paramount Pictures this summer with big-screen adaptations of two of Hasbro's premier toy properities, Transformers and G.I. Joe. Michael Bay's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opened here in the U.K. on Friday, with a North American release this coming Wednesday, while G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is set to hit screens on August 7th.

Directed by Stephen Sommers (The Mummy, Van Helsing), G.I. Joe features an ensemble cast that includes Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Marlon Wayans, Dennis Quaid, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Rachel Nichols. Set ten years into the future, an elite military unit code-named G.I. Joe is formed to combat the evil terrorist organisation Cobra, and "When All Else Fails, They Don't" (with the studio looking to establish a franchise, the money-men will certainly be hoping that they don't).

The second theatrical trailer has just been released, so check it out courtesy of YouTube...


You can also check out the first trailer right here.

With the news that Michael Bay has had his fill of giant robots, what price a Transformers / G.I. Joe cross-over in the near future?

No comments:

Post a Comment