Thursday, May 12, 2011

Holy Franchise, Batman... coming to a bookstore near you!

Firstly, an apology. It's not very often that I use Flickering Myth for the purposes of self-promotion and in fact, this could be the very first time, but darn it I'm excited and I just can't contain myself any longer!

Long time readers of this site may remember a three part article I put together last year entitled Holy Franchise, Batman!, and now I'm delighted to announce that I've just signed a deal with Robert Hale Publishing to produce a full-length book charting the complete screen history of the Dark Knight Detective, which is set to arrive in the summer of 2012.

It's been an ambition of mine to write a book for as long as I can remember and to actually get the opportunity to do so - coupled with the fact that it's about Batman, my absolute all-time favourite comic-book character - really is a fantastic feeling. In fact, the only downside is that I've had to sit through Batman & Robin again, and yes, it is as bad as I remember (if not worse).

For those of you who may be interested, the book will cover every screen incarnation of the Bat from the movie serials of the 1940s through to The Dark Knight Rises, including his small screen appearances on the 60s Adam West series, the absolutely wonderful Batman: The Animated Series of the 90s and recent efforts such as The Batman and The Brave and the Bold, along with the line of DC Original Animated Movies and spin-offs such as Birds of Prey and Catwoman (shudder).

Hopefully I can do it justice. Now to get writing...

Gary Collinson

No comments:

Post a Comment