Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Walking Dead - Who do you choose?

Sean Guard asks you to choose your side...

The grand New Year is nearly upon us, (Yay, Joy, Rapture, etc.), so everyone is of course resolutioning this and promising that once the clock strokes the ball-dropping tone of midnight. For those of us in tune with our favorite shows, I’m sure there are plenty that will use one of those New Year’s pledges to commit more of their time to watching them. One of those favorite shows should definitely be AMC’s The Walking Dead. If it’s not, you really don’t know what you’re missing. In any other case, not knowing what you’re missing might not be a big deal but this case simply does not apply. Watch the show, it’s good. I really don’t know how else to put it.

Since I’m trying to be kind, I’ll avoid revealing any major details about the plotline (insert SPOILER here). For those of you who watch the show and are fully aware of its sheer awesomeness, I have just one question for you; “After the single largest turning point within this second season occurred on the last brand new episode, what are your thoughts? Furthermore, whose side would you choose, Rick or Shane?”

We can look at some minor character traits that might help you to decide:

Rick:
Pretty much a born-leader but still struggling to make the major decisions, life-and-death, for his beloved people.
The responsible one; always thinking ahead and tries to do the right thing.
Painfully forgiving (those of you who watch know what I’m talking about).
Loving, caring, dedicated husband and father (blah, blah, blah).

Shane:
Second in command but seems to have gone over the edge.
Another leader but in the “Malcolm X by-any-means-necessary” kind of way.
Seems to receive the most sex out of any other character. I know random but still a trait.
Loving and caring but masked by the fact that his heart has possibly been bitten and not by a walker.

So my fellow “Watching Dead”, who do you choose as your next messiah to lead you through the zombie apocalypse? Personally, although I think it’s a tough choice, the conscientious part of me will always side with Rick. In the long run, it’s all about trying to survive and the possibility of having my leader shoot me due to his unstable mental state doesn’t quite sit right with me.

So lend your voices and opinions and reveal to us who you would follow. If you haven’t seen the series and would like to catch up or if you are a fan and would just like to relive its epic-ness, AMC will be showing an entire series marathon on New Year’s Eve beginning at 11am. Season 1 can also be found on Netflix Instant in its entirety.

Sean Guard
Follow me on Twitter @Sean_Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment