Friday, March 18, 2011

Liam Neeson to reprise his role in Taken 2?

Liam Neeson TakenIt has been reported recently that Irish action film star Liam Neeson is looking to further his role as Bryan Mills in a sequel to the 2008 blockbuster Taken. The report, from Deadline.com, suggests it could begin filming at the end of the year or even early 2012. Personally, speaking as a fan of the first film, I would welcome a sequel but at the same time remain wary of its outcome. However, from the viewpoint of those who watched and slated the first film, the follow-up could be one to forget.

Although I was a fan of Taken I am struggling to see how it can be furthered. It seems fairly unbelievable that a similar situation warranting another film with the word 'Taken' in the title would happen to the exact same character. If writers Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen think audiences will warm to the idea of this scenario I think they will be sadly mistaken. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the film to be enjoyable and provide surprising differences to the first, but I am finding it hard to see this happening.

Are you looking forward to the film's release and happy that it revolves around the same character? I would imagine that answer for many would be a resounding no.

No comments:

Post a Comment